Rules for Petanque and Boule
- Petanque and boules can be played as single, double or triple. In singles and doubles, each player has three Petangue balls, in triple the players has two. The game is all about positioning your own Petanque balls closer to (the Jack) than the opponent's.
- You draw to see which team starts, you do that by kicking the ball with your feet within the field.
- A player from the starting team now throws the Jack out on the field.
- A player from the same team throws the first ball - trying to get as close to the Jack as possible.
- A player from the opposing team is now trying either to throw a ball closer to the Jack - or shoot the first ball off the field.
- The team not closest to the pig continues to throw one ball after the other until one is closer to the Jack, and then it is the opponents' turn.
- When a team has no Petanque balls left, the other team throws the rest of their balls.
- When all the Petangue balls have been thrown, points are counted. Only one team gets points in each round. The team that is closest to the jack receives as many points as they have balls better placed than the opponent.
- The team that was closest to the Jack and who won the round starts the next round.
- The team that reaches 13 points first is the Winner.